Success Stories

Share your success stories.

Cleared my Synchrony Bank debt

Chelsea Carter

I owed money with harbour freight tools which is through synchrony bank. I went to my synchrony bank account, went to go pay with a bank account, put in THEIR routing number I found with a quick search on google, put in 000mysocial number and submitted it. It went through and 2 days later, I have a 0 balance and a closed account with them!

5 Comments
Discard
Administrator
-

Please follow up in one month or so to confirm that they have not reversed it.

WarriorBride
-

You paid them through their own bank acct?

Gage
-

It will bounce back

I did this with Santander, Discover, Capital One and Amex. Zero balances, as it should legally and lawfully be!!! I was SO excited!!!
And after it went to zero, they started reversing the payments... and then closed my accounts and reported them as "Bad debt, profit and loss"... Discover took me to court a couple times and the dirty judge made a judgment against me - and I thought we were friends since we were nice neighbors for years - and I've been sending them coupons and 1099-As and conditional acceptances and lien notices ever since... I have made a Federal Reserve payment in over a year and keep getting repo notices, but my vehicle is in the driveway.
Something's gotta give - my credit is now shot, my blood pressure is barely manageable with four meds, my husband had to file Ch. 13 to save our home from foreclosure, and this is NO WAY TO LIVE.
In theory, it should all work. But my faith is waning.

I meant I have NOT made a FRN payment. Can't find how to edit my comment.

3 Answers
Anthony
Best Answer

This process always gets reversed:( I have tried different variations of it and always the zero balances go away and late charges and other misc. charges plus previous balance are soon added back to account. 

Discard

I literally did this today. I have a sams card through synchrony. Did online payment. Used SYNCHRONY ROUTING NUMBER and for account 000SSN wiped 3700.00. Got the conformation email the payment processed today!. Will update if situation changes.

3 Comments
Discard

So update. On July 3 I got a confirmation email showing processed payment. Today get an email showing late charge. Will call customer service and see what position they will take.

Mark Reno
-

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Update 3. After a phone call today with customer service, the online payment method was REVERSED. The 0 balance was taken back to the statement balance. So this theory is a bust.

Christian
Best Answer

thats amazing. everything still all good with it?

1 Comment
Discard
Christian
-

and can you show any pics? never heard of anyone doing it like this