Help - Conditional Acceptance

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

USC codes in Conditional Acceptance

Ross Archer

Hello Friends,

I was hoping someone with a greater understanding of the USC could help explain to me some of the  interpretations used in Chris' mortgage CA and the cited code. 

Chris cites 31 USC 5118 "You can discharge all debts and tender of payment does not have to be in legal tender" After reading the code on Cornell LII I'm struggling to understand how they are related. I really want to be confident in what I write in my CA rather than blindly copying codes without understanding connections. Any help gratefully received.

1 Comment
Discard
Administrator
-

I don't think that the mortgage one was written by Chris, but rather by a user who shared it with Chris and was ok with it being shared.

However, you are doing the right thing trying to understand everything in what you write.

1 Answer
:joshua-quinn:
Best Answer

31 USC 5118 d(2)  " In this subsection, “obligation” means any obligation (except United States currency) payable in United States money. An obligation issued containing a gold clause or governed by a gold clause is discharged on payment (dollar for dollar) in United States coin or currency that is legal tender at the time of payment." so basically they are saying once the payment is presented the debt is discharged. I don't know where chris got the specific language he is using though.

Discard