Help - Free Mailing

Welcome!

You have gone through the courses and you need further help, let's discuss it here.

Registered vs certified

michelle

I’ve read conflicting info about sending documents using USPS. Can all docs be sent certified? and is there a way to send mail/docs registered postage paid?

Discard
3 Answers
Administrator
Best Answer

Yes and yes.

1 Comment
Discard
michelle
-

Will the Registered be added sometime in future? Thank you

Jeremy
Best Answer

The difference is the sticker.  Green Certified Mail sticker, or red Registered Mail sticker.

Registered mail is more secure and is insured.  It is the post office's most secure form of delivery.  

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-certified-and-registered-mail/

If you send it Registered Restricted, there is a higher probability that the actual person addressed will get it instead of an office worker.  Some post offices will not hand out the Registered Mail stickers ahead of time.  Keep going to different POs until you find one that will hand them out.  

My opinion is to use Certified return signature non-restricted delivery, since notice to the agent is notice to the principal and notice to the principal is notice to the agent.  Use Registered return signature restricted delivery when you want to send it to a specific officer/employee.

To not send it through the USPS, place your mail in the blue drop boxes.  Do not go into the USPS section where the workers are or you will be going through the USPS and will have to pay their fees.  Some post offices will not recognize the free postage and will send your mail back to you requesting postage.  Go to a different postal zone until you get one where they send your postage free mail.

1 Comment
Discard
michelle
-

Even though I drop them in blue box.. the usps worker intercepts mail and returns it. How can I address this? If there a form I should fill out?

StarSoul7
Best Answer

You can use the same First Class Mail label used with the Certified mail. If you need these labels, I have the PDF.

4 Comments
Discard

Could I get that PDF from you I'm in San Diego

Dane
-

Hi StarSoul I could use them! I have had my mail returned after it went to regional center.

Sheila DiTirro
-

You opened up a can of worms. 😂 becasue I want them too. Could you email me at tankgirl.sd@gmail.com I'd realy appreciate it. 😃

Issac Belmont
-

will you share please mypleasure88@protonmail.com