Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

Capital One Coupon Payment Process

John Doe

On December 7th, 2022 I mailed Capital One my coupon, cover letter explaining that I would be making payments as such moving forward, as well as my fee schedule via certified mail. It was reported as delivered on December 9th, 2022, yet I heard nothing from the company. On December 19th, I called in to ask why my payment had not yet posted.

The first call ended up with me running up against a brick wall of an employee saying, in short, that this was not an accepted form of payment.

So I called back to speak with somebody else, who was very apologetic and agreed to post a provisional credit to the account in the amount of what was written on the coupon.

That payment posted on December 20th, and I received an email saying that"Your payment has posted"

The next day, on December 21st however, all 3 of my Capital One credit accounts began showing as "Restricted" and the payment was reversed, showing as "Payment Adjustment", and then subsequently tacked on a "Late Fee" in addition.

I'm in the process of strategizing next steps, which could include:

1) An invoice to the company per my fee schedule
2) Filing a 3949-A with the IRS to investigate unauthorized use of my personal identifiable information
3) Filing a complaint with the CFPB in response to the adverse action taken by Capital One

Any thoughts and feedback are welcome, and appreciated

Thank you

Discard
1 Answer
Rebecca
Best Answer

I have a similar story with Capital One, Sent in my payment coupon and had my account restricted.  I sent Capital One a conditional acceptance that cured on 12/30/22 so I sent tender of financial instruments to the treasury and I also filed a 3939-A that mailed out on 1/2/23. Waiting...

1 Comment
Discard
Noman Almarifawi
-

What is (tender of financial instruments)?