Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

Capital One-Coupon Payment Process-SUCCESS!

Greetings all: I am adding this post to log my progress using the Coupon Payment process.  

11-23-22: I have a MC and today sent the coupon using the course's method including the UCCs and beneficiary signatures and other info per CH. I also used CH's letter (modified for my info).  Notarized.  Sent to CapOne CEO in Charlotte NC via Certified Return receipt requested mail. I also used the PrePaid Mail postage instructions. 

Wish me luck!

1 Comment
Discard

i did exactally that they closed both my accounts

3 Answers
Anthony
Best Answer

I was wondering if putting in a little extra would help keep the account open?!

1 Comment
Discard

Post-success, there was a small balance. I have since sent a second coupon payment with an Over-payment. My intent is to see what they will do. Will they return it? Credit it to my account resulting in a positive balance (i.e.- creating a secured credit line). Will they lift the restriction? Lot of questions. I will report my findings as soon as I have answers. Blessings.

Noble-Patton:Bey
Best Answer

Sending my coupon to capital tomorrow brother wish me luck. Doing exactly as I saw on the post. No letter just the coupon. Dealing with theses people is like eating an elephant hind end first, ONE BITE AT A TIME!

3 Comments
Discard
Noble-Patton:Bey
-

p.s.

I will go ahead and max my card out knowing they might close it out of spite

Best of luck. Expect to have it ignored and then account(s) closed. You will need to follow up with a Conditional Acceptance. I sent mine to the CEO and am waiting for a response.

Jon karbowski
-

Noble Patton. Don’t do that. See if they first will accept the coupon. After that conditional acceptance but I don’t think it will work. They can still come after you. You need to be a secured party creditor.

12-15-22: No credit posted to account. USPS confirmed delivery (at least the pre-paid postage certified mail is working so far). Spoke to agent and then a supervisor. Supervisor informs me that a negotiable instrument is not a valid form of payment according to them.  I noted the appropriate UCC codes.  We discussed, to no avail.  I said CapOne will need to respond in writing as I am not accepting any answer or contract verbally. She said that was not possible. I said, well you will need to return the N.I. then, or you are accepting it contractually. She'd "look into that".  

Sending 8 page C.A. letter (notarized), a fee schedule, and copy of Coupon and 1099A to CEO via Certified Mail today.

Curious to see if they'll respond, and/or credit the account. They may simply close the account (and close an additional brand new account w/ a zero balance).  Then send it all to collections.  

Should I go max out the new CC before they close it?

6 Comments
Discard

12-16-2022: Checked both accounts online this morning and they are both "closed".

12-23-22: I am pleased to report that after correctly applying the Coupon and the Conditional Acceptance along with a Schedule Fee, a credit was posted to my account. The account is "restricted" so no new usage is allowed. It is officially listed as "Payment from Others".

Blessings to all as you discover financial freedom!

To the administrators and Chris, THANK YOU! Feel free to reach out to me for further details and evidence. Thanks to all!

Mike
-

Victor, congrats. Did you send in a “pay off” amount with the coupon? The accounts are closed, but do they have a remaining balance they bother you about?

I purposefully left a small balance so that they couldn't close the main account. It is "restricted", so I cannot charge anything new. I am going to make tiny payments for a while and see what happens while sending in Conditional Acceptance letter to force opening of the account. That's the plan anyway..

Which example of the conditional acceptance did you go by Victor?

I used as a base, the multi-page CA template given by the Jarretts. I went threw it with a fine-toothed comb to make sure I understood everything and adjusted the letter to fit my needs and particular situation.