Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

Chase Bank Coupon Process

Glenn Banks

Had a great conversation with the lead customer service rep for Chase Card Services - I called to verify acceptance of the coupon since I did not see it post to my account. I explained the process to rep and he was familiar, he stated Chase Bank has been getting inundated with coupon only payment attempts. I explained the applicable UCC code and also told him that Capital One and Synchrony Banks have accepted these coupons as a form of payment. He said Chase Bank will reject the coupon method and they need form of payment such as a check or money order. There is a separate address for conditional payments. I threatened to take legal action in federal court and he said fine go hire a lawyer. We can't do anything for you

4 Comments
Discard
Rosalie-Ann: Chase
-

I also have a Chase card. Any updates regarding your experience? Have they credited your account yet? Did you send a letter to the CEO?

Glenn Banks
-

Going with the CEO letter and threat of a lawsuit next Chase did send me an address for conditional payments, which coupon payments are classified as by Chase- P.O. BOX 15049 WILMINGTON, DE 19850-5149
Refer to the section on the back of the billing statement entitled "Conditional Payments" for additional info.

I have a Amazon rewards charge card through Chase and a checking/savings account at chase as well. I receive my Soc.Sec. and pension in my Chase checking. I'm considering using the coupon method but wondring if i should first switch to my credit union for my SS/Pension, this way they can't touch anything. If they closed my accounts, no big deal, other than I'd probably not be able to sell books or anything else on Amazon anymore. I read the "conditional Payments" section on the back of the CC statement. Why would this be "offered" by any bank/credit card co. if they won't accept? By their having a section regarding this, aren't they basically saying they accept these payments? Maybe since so many are now paying w/coupons, they're being 'hurt" - or their bottom line is being hurt - and they're refusing to accept the coupons, figuring that most won't follow through and will get nervous about possibly going hiring a lawyer and going to court or tribunal? Keep us updated Glenn and if/when i decide to do it, I'll keep things updated here too. And wasn't there something specific about Money Orders in regards to paying off debts? Don't recall what it is/was though probably taught in one of Chris' vids.

Glenn Banks
-
 Not sure on that I haven’t responded - I may try the equity method and put the account into trust and then set it off that way. There are many methods out there, want to see where I fit in.