Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

Credit One closed both my accounts

Cindy Swanson

I sent in coupon for payment on my 2 Credit One accounts 2 weeks ago. I was about to call tomorrow to inquire about crediting the coupon payment. I received 2 identical letters in mail today. Both read:

"The above referenced credit one bank account has been closed due to unauthorized payment activity. You are responsible for any balance incurred on this account. The account will be reported to the consumer reporting agencies as "account closed by Credit Grantor".

If you have additional questions please call customer service blah blah blah blah.

sincerely credit one bank

How rude...lol...I would have understood if they took the payment, credited the account and then closed it. But closing it using a bogus term (they just made that phrase up with that definition) and then threatening to punish me by reporting it credit agency like I've done something wrong...

now thats not how you treat a lady...lol they have no idea the depth of my wells called "FU I won't do what you tell me" and "I will be laughing last"

GAME ON.

So...

Q1. Can they report it that way to credit agency? I was under impression they could not.

Q2. That was their response to my opening request. Is a Conditional Acceptance going to matter to them? 

These companies are so accustomed to getting whatever they want. I expect them to fight backBecause they're losing their cash cow the more they let this go on. So, it's in their best interest to shut us down ASAP and demoralize us so we give up and go back to the way it's always been. Their ginormous egos will be their Achilles Heel. Underestimating what they have created... alot of pissed off patriots tired of being the servant. We want to go to the ball dammit! Kudos to those of you who stayed on this ride til the end and comprehend my A.D.D. rant. 🤗

9 Comments
Discard
Beorn Halig
-

"Servant" is an understatement. "The borrower is SLAVE to the lender." This quote from the Holy Scriptures becomes all the more profound and staggering once you discover that banksters don't "loan" anything at all, but create it out of thin air with nothing but a flick of their pens to their balance sheet, counting your "loan" as an asset. And then you get to "pay it back" ---plus interest! Because this entire fraudulent system is kept afloat with a fiction, a fiat currency backed by our labor and ignorance of the matrix created around us, this is tantamount to INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE, i.e., SLAVERY. And most egregiously, these foreign parasites are robbing us and our posterity of our entire country ---with nothing but money-changers' tricks! This is the fraud of the ages, and all these banks and government institutions (federal, state and local) and big corporations, and all of their "employees"/agents, are ALL COLLABORATORS in this colossal scheme.

Cindy Swanson
-

I concur 100%

I got the same letter and am wondering how to go about enforcing them to take the coupon as payment and reopen my accounts so I can use them again. I did not give them permission to close anything and they will definetly not be getting away with this at all.

Diana
-

I hear you, but Chris H says you want them to not do it then you get them with the conditional acceptance letter - watch his videos on here he goes over it all

That's my next step.

Any updates?

Cindy Swanson
-

Sent my Conditional Acceptances this week. Should know more in 14 days. I wrote a great one. So I'm very hopeful. They haven't responded other than to ignore me and continue to bill me. I sent 2 coupons separately as well as a letter to CEO with another coupon. I also sent a Fee Schedule with my CA so if that doesn't shake them up, getting the bill for it should.

Cindy Swanson
-

How about you? Any forward progress with yours?

I've been trying to figure out which example is best for the conditional acceptance. Any help would be welcome. They haven't changed any status on mine. So I need to send that asap.

4 Answers
Cindy Swanson
Best Answer

UPDATE: I sent them CA and their response was: you are just trying to get out of a debt you owe and this lovely excerpt...

"On September 26, 2022, we received correspondence from you purporting to pay or offset the balance of your account using an invalid form of payment or othenwise claiming you are not obligated to pay the amounts due and owing. The Card Agreement explains that "payments must be made in U.S. dollars, in funds on deposit in the U.S. Your actions constitute a breach of the Card Agreement and lead us to believe you are unable or unwilling to repay us. These actions also appear to be part of a scheme to eliminate the debt, which the OCC has warned has "'no substance in law or finance."
See: https://www.occ.treas.gov/news-issuances/alerts/2007/alert-2007-55.html."

Starting week after Christmas they started calling me non stop. As many as 86 times in 1 week.(over 200 times since 12/25) Each week it escalates. I don't answer but I can't block the number because they call from different number each time.  Oh they also included this lovely tidbit...lol

"Your request for compensation is respectfully denied."

Referring to my fee schedule...

They are up to about 3.5million dollars as of Jan 31, 2023.

1 Comment
Discard
Carlotta
-

Answer the phone and tell them you do not wish to receive correspondence for this alleged debt via phone only by postal mail. The calls will soon stop. Then let them know you sent in a pay order with instructions expressed on the coupon to access funds via ACH wire to cover the balance due on your account. That should settle the argument of them not accepting coupon payments. For credit cards there is usually a special address on the back of your bill that states where to send “irregular” payments marked with “paid in full” or similar language. The agree that any payments sent to any other address they may accept without the loss of their rights, meaning if you willingly give them your money to the wrong address they can take it without repercussions.

Rebecca
Best Answer

Any update on this?  I had the same experience, coupon not credited, account closed, exact same letter.  I sent CA which cured on 12/30/22 (no response from Credit One) so I mailed tender of financial instruments to the treasury on 1/2/23 and sent a  3949-A to IRS with the details of the coupon that Credit One didn't credit to me and didn't return.  I also sent another coupon with a better letter for the January statement they sent me that includes bogus late fees.

2 Comments
Discard
Cindy Swanson
-

The only update I have is that Credit One started calling me non stop for the last 7 days (at least 40 calls) I will be writing up a bill to them based on my fee schedule prev sent. On this week's to do list is inform and file with IRS and Treasury.

They haven't tried to call me at all. Which is weird for them not to. Will be sending the necessary stuff soon though.

Best Answer

Hey I just realized they admitted to the coupon to being a payment source when they said "unauthorized payment activity." They just admitted it was a payment option, also it says on the coupon to return it so there we go, we got them! They just told us that it was a payment option! Call them immediately and ask them how it is unauthorized if it says to detach and return! And they put it in writing 😂

3 Comments
Discard
Cindy Swanson
-

They know it's a negotiable instrument. But once they start openly accepting them the floodgates will break wide open. They are trying to hold on by their fingernails right. They really never thought they would lose their cash cows.

Cindy Swanson
-

I've also been working on some W4 sandwiches. They aren't difficult to do but it is quite tedious to gather all statements for each account you want to have audited. I know some people believe you don't need the statements. I think doing alot of the tedious work for the auditer just speeds up the process for yourself. I could be wrong. I prefer being thorough and correct than speedy and erroneous. I also don't want to give away credits unnecessarily.
Just my preference.

Cindy Swanson
-

I couldn't find one either. I took excerpts from several different ones to create my own. Scribd had some good examples and they are free for 1st 30days. They are a great resource for all types of docs. Send me your email addy.

Administrator
Best Answer

Your next step is Conditional Acceptance and enforce it. 

You can also do a billing error dispute (see private study sessions) using consumer laws and enforce it.

Either way you'll get your remedy through enforcing whatever administrative process you do against them.

3 Comments
Discard
Cindy Swanson
-

I knew that as soon as I posted it. I've been trying to get more info on private study sessions. Can you please forward that info to my email please? Also, type of technology you use for it...phone call, zoom etc in case I need to make special arrangements. Much appreciated.

Administrator
-

You were included in the invitation that went on this past Tuesday for the Private Study Session that will take place this Friday. I've just resent the email to you. Make sure to look at all your email folders.

Administrator
-

The private study session are over zoom