Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

Discover's Remittance or Irregular Payment Address

Hi, 

I just called Discover and asked them for the address that I can send irregular or remittance coupons to for payment. This is what they gave me: 

Discover

PO Box 70176

Philadelphia, PA 19176

I also asked for the address of the CEO, I forgot to confirm the name, but a quick google search should give it to you. The address is:

DSSI

PO Box 29037

Phoenix, AZ 85038

1 Comment
Discard
Courtney Elise
-

Hello. Suggested to read the cardmember agreement page. On it under "Payment Instructions" bullet points 4 and 6 (count the bullets because they are not numbered) tell you what they accept that's bullet 4. Bullet 6 tells you to mail it only to the address listed on your statement. Try and follow the instructions as written and see what happens. Hope this helps.

Respectfully sent,

2 Answers
Courtney Elise
Best Answer

Good day. Yes, this is a process that takes time. In some cases, may even have to do arbitration and/or take it to small claims court. Me personally, I have to keep reading the above textbook I suggested. It is an easy read. I found a section in there that tells you what to put on the face of the negotiable instrument. Also, keep reading the Federal Reserve Act especially sections 16 & 29 in its entirety. Connect this with the reading of the Bill of Exchange. They’re going to push back. Why wouldn’t they? If they didn’t to some extent we all would be paying our bills this way( even though we should be) , but they’re definitely going to make this a challenge. Just keep your faith, always work in good faith and eventually all will prevail. I have faith that we all will receive remedy 🙏🏿. 

Discard
Best Answer

After further review the address I posted is the same as what's on the statement. I read the payment instructions as you indicated. It reads:  "• We can accept late payments, partial payments or payments marked “payment in full” or with any other restrictive endorsement without losing any of our rights under this Agreement." This isn't clear to me. I wrote it out just like the instructions said to but left a $20 under the balance owed because I don't want to close out the account. If I write payment in full, won't they close out the account? 

4 Comments
Discard
Courtney Elise
-

Yes, leave a balance on it. But the payment instructions section is telling you that they do accept restrictive endorsements or paid in full if that’s what a customer wants to write in the endorsement area on the back of the payment coupon.

Also, not sure if this will help, I purchased a book called Business Law on Amazon 11th edition( any edition will do I just wanted the next to most recent) and this book has been really helpful to me. It shows you how to endorse a check. Talks about contract law, leases, just about everything that we need to know. You may if want get it and look into reading it.

Respectfully.

Ok, thank you! I will check the book out. BTW, i sent my coupon payment in on Mar 17th, and haven't heard anything back. Nothing is updating on my app in terms of balance/payment. I'll keep posting if I do hear anything. My car company (Regional Acceptance) wrote me back a letter saying they will not entertain what I sent and expect me to make the car payments. Still working on them...
I appreciate you and the book reference!

Jami : Winter
-

I marked full amount and paid in full but then made my next gass purchase with card as the over lap will keep a balance on the card. this was for barclay but had to CA as they refused to accept coupon.

Unfortunately, Capitol One closed my account citing activity that goes against their policy, but still expect me to pay any bill statements that they send in the future. My car company wrote a letter that they will not entertain this and expect me to pay while sending me a copy of the contract. Haven't yet heard from Discover. This obviously isn't working, and the CA templates do not make much sense to me the way they're written vs how Chris worded it in the video. I'm not sure what to do next or how to properly create the CA letter. I'm also seeing on other apps people saying the proper wording wasn't used when sending the coupons out that's why they got returned. And, that you can take these coupons to certain banks and they'll cash them so you can turn around and pay for the 'debt'. Frustrating....