Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

What to do when they close your account?

Carlotta

I've tried to turn in my pay orders via certified mail and I've gotten back a letter saying my accounts are closed. How do I get them reopened?

1 Comment
Discard
Derek Keane
-

😆 Court!

That is BRILLIANT info. Just go straight to the CPFB..!

With that proof - admittance of wrongdoing by them.. you put THAT in your Conditional Acceptance it goes from a punch in the face to TNT...!

2 Answers
Derek Keane
Best Answer

🙂 I second the Adminstrator's answer. 

Perfect. They refused.. JUST what you needed..

Conditional Acceptance time.

They are your trustee and Breached their fiduciary duty towards you by closing the account.

You may or may not get the accounts reopened; however, if you follow Chris' steps on putting a C.A. together, you'll get remedy ..!

3 Comments
Discard
Court
-

I had 2 accounts with credit one bank which they closed. I sent a billing error dispute to credit letter to credit one bank, which did nothing. I then wrote to the cfpb advising them of the situation and the cfpb sent me this:
We referred your complaint.

After our review, we found another agency that is better able to help you with your issue.

We also entered your complaint into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database operated by the Federal Trade Commission. Civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide, including Consumer Financial Protection Bureau investigators, use the Consumer Sentinel Network to identify questionable business practices that may lead to investigations and prosecutions.
The next day the accounts from credit one were remove off of my credit report as if there were never there. These companies refused to be investigated and will give remedy if sent to the right people.

Rebecca
-

Derek Keane, do you know how long it takes to get remedy with the conditional acceptance?

WarriorBride
-

Thank you Derek and thank you Court! That was really helpful!

Administrator
Best Answer

Conditional acceptance is one option. 

Consumer laws is another. (see our private study sessions)

Discard