Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

What to expect after losing arbitration award?

sonia sherpa

Last year I started the process of sending coupons for my credit cards- I sent coupons to Discover, Chase, and Wells Fargo. I did the letters to CEO, billings errors (sent four billing errors to four addresses for each cc company), ad sent a notarized affidavit. I was doing the private study courses and did the billing errors and affidavits based on them. Within two/3 months of sending the billing errors all three of my cards had been shut off. They started then reporting late payments and after a couple of late payments my amex credit limit (which I hadn't sent any coupons to amex) went from $30,000 limit to $2,500 and the cash advance disappeared from $5,000 to $200. I kept paying minimum payment on a couple cars until I started the arbitration process. Credit rating dropped from 801 to low 500s as they started reporting late payments (I stopped payment once I started the arbitration process). I started the arbitration process in February, and just yesterday the first one with Discover concluded.

Unfortunately, Discover did not offer any settlement, and the arbitrator ruled in their favor, stating that I am now responsible for their attorney fees and the credit card balance. During the arbitration process, I provided the billing errors (with proof of tracking and delivery), affidavits (with proof of tracking and delivery), and proof that the credit card companies had received the coupons via the postal code rule. I also presented evidence of damages caused by Amex's reliance on the flawed information reported by the other credit card companies. I prepared a comprehensive 10-page letter explaining all the exhibits and supporting evidence I submitted. However, despite my efforts, the ruling was still not in my favor.

Now, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a positive outcome when dealing with credit card companies through arbitration?

I'm not trying to persuade anyone to take any specific action, but I'm realistically wondering if the system is biased against consumers. In retrospect for me, it may have been less effort and to skip arbitration and just clear the credit, instead of going through the arbitration process and sending coupons?

If anyone knows kind of what to expect after losing in arbitration, such as potential legal actions or court proceedings, I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks and be well everyone 

Sonia

Discard
2 Answers
sonia sherpa
Best Answer

Discard
Finn: Sol
Best Answer

Sonia,

I understand the situation. It seems like you've gone through a challenging process with your credit card companies and the arbitration process. While I'm not a financial or legal advisor, I can offer some general insights that might help:

1.      Review Your Legal Options: It's essential to understand the legal ramifications of losing an arbitration case. You may want to consult with an attorney who specializes in consumer credit or debt-related matters. They can provide you with guidance on your specific situation and what actions you can take next.

2.      Potential Consequences: As the arbitrator ruled in favor of Discover and stated that you're responsible for their attorney fees and the credit card balance, you should prepare for potential consequences, such as wage garnishment, collection efforts, or further legal actions. Consulting with an attorney is crucial to understanding your specific situation.

3.      Future Financial Planning: In the aftermath of an adverse arbitration decision, it's important to assess your financial situation and plan for the future. This might include exploring options for debt management or financial rehabilitation, and an attorney can help you explore these options.

4.      Consumer Advocacy Groups: There are various consumer advocacy groups that can offer support, advice, and resources for individuals dealing with credit card debt and disputes. They may be able to provide insights into dealing with your specific situation.

5.      Credit Rebuilding: It might be a challenging time for your credit score, but over time, you can work on rebuilding your credit. Start by paying any outstanding debts, focusing on improving your credit history, and being diligent with your finances.

6.      Legal Aid or Pro Bono Services: If you're unable to afford an attorney, you can explore options for free or low-cost legal aid services that may be able to assist you in your particular circumstances.

(*) I personally recommend you request a “Private Consultation Session” with the Legalibus Administration Team”. They can “actually’’ help you with that matter.

Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your story.

1 Comment
Discard
Abe Cruz
-

WE HAVE SOME AGENT SMITH HERE