Help - How To Pay Bills with Coupon

Welcome!

This forum is to get help related to the course "How To Pay Bills with Coupon. Share and discuss your problems and solutions.

Which law can we use when proving damages?

sonia sherpa

I am going through the arbitration process and have sent coupons, billing errors, affidavits to my cc companies. Two of my credit card companies reported multiple late payments (after being notified of the billing error), and my third credit card company limited my $30,000 credit card limit to $2500. 

I remember Jay said that you can prove damages and get remedy for those damages- does anyone know which laws I can look into to show? What amount of damage can I ask for? Also would a letter from the last cc company showing they limited the amount be sufficient evidence?

5 Comments
Discard
Administrator
-

The laws that you can use depends on the claims that you make. This subject has been broken down in the private study course and it being covered in detail in the new Billing Error Resolution course that started 2 weeks ago and continues today. Feel free to join if you are not already in them.

sonia sherpa
-

Thank you for your response! So I have gone through a lot of the study group materials (unfortunately I cannot access them anymore as all of my credit cards have been restricted since sending the coupons and I have no way to donate anymore).

In this case I have sent the coupons, billing error, and affidavits, and have been doing arbitration process for a few months. The credit card companies did restrict/close accounts, or restricted them and I am just wondering if you have any suggestions for the laws specifically on damages so I can read up on them? If you just have a direction to point me in- I'd really appreciate it

Administrator
-

You can use a debit card as well.

I would be hard to discuss this without looking at exactly what you sent and how to constructed your claim. However you can look up civil liability under TILA and 15 USC 1666(e) for the billing error.

We recently guided some members through consultation and had to review their claim and help them properly request remedy through arbitration. It is not just a matter of saying they violated specific laws. You need to show how they violated specific laws.

Our new billing error resolution private course is breaking down the process from a different angle, one that is more effective.

Christian
-

hi, sonia

to help remove anything negative on your credit report you just need to write to the credit bureaus to remove them.

and look into ECOA. Equal Credit Opportunity Act. you can see for every violation they owe you $10k.

and i’ve heard from christopher hauser on “youhavetheright” conference call on youtube that people were sending in the coupons to the treasury and directing Janet Yellen to pay the coupon to the credit card accounts. and everyone who did that got it paid out as quickly as 3-4 weeks. it’s because the bank can’t deny payment directly from the treasury.. i think this would be our best bet. but what i’m looking for, which would help us all is some sort of template of what exactly to say to the treasury when sending the coupon out to them.

Befree888
-

I there anywhere in the program in methods to pay water bills and PG&E bills?