Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

1099-A for mortgage payoff

Audre Weaver

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are looking to pay off our home with a 1099-A. We feel like it is not a good idea to send it to our mortgage holder, since they will most likely just shred it. I understand that in that case you would send a conditional acceptance letter which seems like an upward battle. We are in a financial situation where we aren't sure we have time to go that route. We would like to have a trustee file our 1099-A  and accompanying IRS forms, but we have no idea where to find one. Does anyone in central FL have experience as a trustee yet? 

We have contemplated going to an HR Block to ask them to file the 1099-OID, 1096, and 1040V.... we are just afraid they are going to accuse us of some sort of mortgage fraud (which it isn't). 

We can't be the only ones in this situation, hope we can learn to help each other out. 

7 Comments
Discard
Finn: Sol
-

I recommend contacting the Legalibus Administration. They can help you on your situation.

Agron A
-

If you have a mortgage already- there already is a trustee to go to…you need to find the mortgage companies indentured trustee & send him the 1099a, with a cover letter letting him know why you are sending it over as well as a thank you for them helping you with the process. Christopher’s videos are great/informative but people need to do their own homework to execute appropriately.

Only the real trustee to the owner* of the lending company of your loan can help you discharge it- not some random person you choose (but I could very well be wrong.)

Audre Weaver
-

Thank you for the responses, this is the first time I've heard of an indentured trustee, so I'll be trying to track that information down. I also requested a private consultation, so I'm looking forward to that.

Deanthony L Griggs
-

Know your constitution rights and stand on them, it's your birth right. Absolutely nothing to be scared up, these laws an procedures are for us to get remedy.

Deanthony L Griggs
-

Use sec.gov to find indentured trustee and ctrl f to use keywords to help you find what you looking for faster.

Audre Weaver
-

Update:

I found the indenture trustee fairly easily, but a problem came up when I found out the Trust had hundreds of locations nation wide and all the phone numbers associated with the Trust required an account verification before you can talk to anyone. Obviously we didn't have an account with the indenture trustee company, they work for the bank! We tried mailing it to an address we found on their website, only to be told by the post office that the address was no longer valid. So we ended up mailing our 1099A with blank 1040 V, OID, ect. to the mortgage payment PO Box along with a copy to our banks CEO with a letter of intent. Everything was sent certified, the 1099A copy and letter made it to the CEO in like 4 days, the real 1099A to actually make the payment has been " stuck in transit" for 3+ weeks. It's starting to feel very suspicious.

Audre Weaver
-

Update: I have recieved certified mail from one of my lenders explicitly saying they are refusing to act as trustee to my cestui que vie trust regardless that they recieved my 1099A. It appears that the letter came from their " escilation" department. I'm looking into having the Treasury file a ucc-1 lein security on my behalf for their blatant refusal. In my last correspondence I explicitly wrote that they can be liable for a lien security by choosing to refuse the 1099A, so now hoping that the treasury is willing to take action based on all the evidence I've collected.