Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

1099a Instructions from 2021

This appears on page one of the 2021 instructions:

Online fillable Copies B and C. To ease statement furnishing requirements, Copies B and C have been made fillable online in a PDF format available at IRS.gov/ Form1099A and IRS.gov/Form1099C. You can complete these copies online for furnishing statements to recipients and for retaining in your own files.

My Question:
What would be the value or purpose of filling copy B and C out online?
Who are the recipients?
If I provided say a dealership with Copy A of the 1099a who else needs a copy?

1 Comment
Discard

how i comprehend it is copy b is sent back to you or your trustee ( not sure which ) from the IRS. From there, i'm not sure but your trustee ought to know what to do. I do NOT believe YOU can personally file it. Your trustee has to takev care of it. Again, i'm not 100% sure, but this is how i understand it.

1 Answer
Best Answer

I can not answer your question, but I can tell you that sending the 1099's online.  Is filling it as a tax form.  Sending them the way C Hauser says to, is in the way of a request form.  And the 2 ways actually go to different locations. 

3 Comments
Discard

That is very interesting since this is a system of deception where thing do not mean what we are told they mean.

So if filing the 1099 on line is understood to be a tax filing and mailing a hard copy 1099a is a request. Is there anything anywhere that makes that distinction in writing.

For example we all know that a IRS form 1040 is a Calls 2 filing which is a gift

The 1099 is a class 5 which is NOT a gift but what is it and where can I find written dialogue that distinguishes one from the other?

I have been using 1099 online for stuff in the pass. I just asked them, where does this go? How I see the instructions for the 1099-A, is how I could know what it says. 1099-A, at the bottom of the boxes. It is printed, Department of the Treasury - Internal Revenue Service. It means this or that and here or there. Lol, sorry sounds weird, but, know they are not being clear on purpose.

Freedom Dog
-

To add to what Donald said is that this might represent the 2 main areas... one being public and the other private