Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

1099A -- Is a PO Box address acceptable

D Brown

RE filling out the 1099A, under "street address" is it ok to type in my PO Box mailing address?  I live on private rural property that has no street address, deep in the woods.

Discard
1 Answer
Best Answer

Watch the last 3 videos from Christopher Hauser.   In one of the gives the answer.  But, to get straight to it, I think he said yes, P O box is ok.  Conditional Acceptance and Contracting with Treasury need a physical address.  I think the reason the use of a P O box is ok, is that you will need to use a 8888 for direct deposit. 

3 Comments
Discard
D Brown
-

Thank for taking the time to clarify. I have no way to provide a street address.

Administrator
-

There are online services that can provide you with a physical address... UPS also offers such service.

You should be able to use something like this:

https://www.mymoneyblog.com/po-boxes-real-street-address.html

Instead of:
PO Box 123
City, State, Zip

Address of Post Office, # (the actual # symbol), your po box number after the #
city, state zip.

Usually,a PO Box format would look like:
John Smith
PO Box 1776
Anytown, USA 01011

Using the street address format:

John Smith
123 elm st. #1776 [the po box number]
Anytown, USA 01011

This is legit for most cases, including USPS/FedEx deliveries. Most POs should know about it; I had one, in a real remote town, who had no clue about it...but then, they didn't know how to do the basic po box format either, and had to get a supe for that.

The ONLY time I had a problem was for a bank loan, and their system tracked it down to being the post office, and had to use the non-po box/street address. Not sure if the street address format will work for this.