Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Accept 1099-A as payment for services

I am the owner of a business and would like to be able to accept a 1099-A for my services because a lot of the people needing my help cannot afford to pay. I’m still a little confused about what other forms I need to file with the ’A’. Please help!! Thank you in advance 💛

2 Comments
Discard
Taylor
-

Any Luck?

Latasha Barnslater
-

Any luck

3 Answers
FLOYD
Best Answer

You can accept the 1099 A from all your customers - then fill out the 1099-OID, the 1096 form, the 1040V  form, and if you want to get paid by direct deposit - also fill out the form 8888.  Place all forms in a large envelope and mail to the United States Treasury for payment.    

2 Comments
Discard
Tanner
-

Any word on anyone getting actually paid. I did a test 3 weeks ago with all the forms along with the 8888 and still patiently waiting. 🙏

FLOYD
-
No - lots of activities but no confirmation yet,  but people are very secretive.   I  sent in the package for my sister- acting as the fiduciary through my non-profit.  It could take as long as 60 days - so we will see what happens.  Good luck 👍 

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022, 10:49 PM Tanner <notifications@legalibus.com> wrote:

Any word on anyone getting actually paid. I did a test 3 weeks ago with all the forms along with the 8888 and still patiently waiting. 🙏

Sent by Legalibus

Administrator
Best Answer

I believe the following section of this course answers your questions: "How to Submit the 1099-A Form"

However if you need more details on the trustee process, until a detailed course is released, feel free request a one-on-one private consultation to get answers to your question(s) here https://legalibus.com/contactus

2 Comments
Discard
Victoria L Hammer
-

Unfortunately I’m unable to afford a one on one consultation at this time.

Doug
-

Who is the one doing the charging here? As I understand this process covered by Chris, he doesn't charge anything.

Tina
Best Answer

What state are you in?

1 Comment
Discard
Victoria L Hammer
-

Oklahoma