Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

As a Trustee corrected 1099A

CK

I corrected 1099A's that were e-filed, I had the beneficiary sign them, but on a few of them I used the date of when I corrected them instead the date of the original e-file.  Will I have to do another corrected & monetized 1099A because the date?  TIA

Discard
1 Answer
Rebecca K Murphy
Best Answer

yes. Because all of the information on the corrected 1099a should be identical to the original 1099a

2 Comments
Discard
Dane
-

How are sending your corrections to the treasury? They are refusing mine certified mail. I have sent both tax percue and also with stamps with a place for return and not an address? Do I have to give the post office and USA jurisdiction for them to take it by mailing from an ADDRESS WITH ALL CAPS AND ZIPCODE?

Freedom Dog
-

I dont think one should be so much concrened about conseding jurstiction in this case. The very fact that you are processig a 1099-A in the first place sets a distiction as to who is speaking and acting when and whay instance.