Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Australian 1099-A ?

michael

Does anyone know how this works kin Australia I can't find 1099-A 1096 1040V forms or the equivalent forms, Chris has mentioned this can be done in Australia but i haven't been able to work out how I doubt we would use the same forms but I don't really know. Michael

Discard
1 Answer
andy horndl
Best Answer

Australia does not have these forms, but the BC is same, i believe you can still authorise Treasury to be fiduciary, I contacted ATO last Friday, they admitted it is a trust, and get this said you are not authorized on the account. they then proceeded to advise me that only trustee can make you beneficiary. so they ask you to identify yourself then tell you that you have no authorization on the account, bet they don't tell people this when they pay taxes. I am doing the same process as chris is from Australia, will let you know how it goes. should know in a couple of weeks. Furthermore if you contact the IRS request a trust EIN number for the all caps name with your TFN, they will provide you one. 

1 Comment
Discard

How did you go mate? Keen for an update :)