Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Can a loan from a relative be paid back using a 1099-A?

I owe a family member money loaned over a long period of time that began with a promissory note for $14,000 and then subsequent loans since.  Can a 1099-A be used to pay back those loans?

Discard
2 Answers
Best Answer

Mother

2 Comments
Discard
Rebecca K Murphy
-

I am going to say, No. Why? because YOU technically would have some acess to that money. (your Mother would give you some or all of that money.) 1099A money is designed to BUY THINGS for your pleasure and comfort. And pay your bills, Not get you cash. This process is not about getting cash, as Chris Hauser has stated several times in his videos :)

john-kevin:cann
-

The money would be used to pay the bill that I owe my mother for the money she loaned me which I have been paying back. How is this not paying a bill? I have no desire or need to borrow the money back from her nor would she loan me any more $. It would be used to resolve a debt.

Best Answer

How is this person related to you exactly? I believe that is a key question. Chris has said that you cannot pay your brother-in-law for building a deck on your house. You can't buy a car from a near relative, brother/Mother.

Discard