Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Can I be a trustee for my adult son?

Cassie Padilla

If I am going to be the trustee for my son, does he file his 1099A with the IRS himself and then give me copy B to file with the 1040V and the 1099-OID? Or does he give his 1099A to me to file?

Is there anything else either of us needs to file? Don't I also need to file the 1096 as well?

1 Comment
Discard

Following

1 Answer
Erin O'Donnell
Best Answer

The only person you cannot be a trustee for is your spouse. 

Beneficiaries cannot file their endorsed 1099A. The job of the trustee is to submit the endorsed 1099A. 

You need to take the 1099A course to comprehend what is to be submitted. 

1 Comment
Discard
Cassie Padilla
-

I did... I found Chris through another couple. Drew & Tara Jerrett. I watched all their stuff before finding Chris and there are conflicts in the info even though they claim to have learned much of what they are doing from Chris.

So I am just triple checking everything just to be sure.

Drew & Tara seem to be very nice people with wonderful intentions but after watching Chris' stuff, it seems that he has more experience and has tried and proven true, all of the things he talks about whereas the Jarrett's can't say that about all the things they are doing.

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.