Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Chris's example of 1096 for dealership not clear

Tyson Nielsen

Chris's example and others of the 1096 show where the dealership's info goes, but down at the signature area, for title he has written beneficiary. If the dealership's info is on the form then shouldn't the dealer be filling out signature and title area with there info? They probably wouldn't put beneficiary in title area. I believe Chris has this form example in video as the top part with the dealership in and the bottom as if you yourself are acting as trustee which is why it is confusing. Would love any feedback. Thanks!

1 Comment
Discard
Jordea-Drael: Patterson
-

Yes the dealership should be filling out the 1096 and signing it , but to my understanding if you had an actual trustee they would sign beneficiary in that they would be the beneficiary of the funds they receive on your behalf.

3 Answers
Desiree
Best Answer

Has Chris made a new video yet?

2 Comments
Discard

Yes he has. He posted yesterday on his youtube channel

Desiree
-

Thank you.

Dane
Best Answer

use a 1096 with the 1099as 

and use a 1096 with the 1099oids.

you will also need the 1040v to get the money to the trustee

Let me know if you have more questions

1 Comment
Discard
Ha La
-

If you e-file you dont need a 1096, but the dealership fills out the 1040v to get the payment themselves? If no one fills out a 1040v, no payment is sent?

Administrator
Best Answer

Chris will eventually make new videos to address the confusion part of the video.

Discard