Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Frivolous Filings

indi

If someone does mess up any of the forms will there be a warning from the so-called authorities before any fines are imposed?

1 Comment
Discard
michael
-

Also Chris has mentioned to show him before sending and he will tell you if correct.

2 Answers
Administrator
Best Answer

Chris has said in his Q&A that you would usually expect a warning.

4 Comments
Discard
indi
-

Great thanks, I have watched all his video I must have missed that part.

Donnie Cooper
-

I’m submitted one online to irs to pay my mortgage off and I added about 15 thousand to it,am I in trouble?

Holly Burns
-

Donnie, as far as I know, you are ok to keep up to 20% over what your debt amount is and do what you want with it, although I know that amount is debated by some that say not to keep more than 5% and some day 18%, etc.. but most are saying 20% overage is ok to keep. So, if it were me in the first place, I wouldn't put more than 20% over on any debt I am doing a 1099A on, but if you get back more than 20%, then sure, I'd go with Rebecca's suggestion for the rest.

rock crusher
-

They don't shoot people for making mistakes, chill out.

Rebecca K Murphy
Best Answer

If the process goes through and your mortgage is paid off and you receive a check for $15,000 I would suggest that you put the money into upgrading to your home and keep receipts. Keep us posted 😊

Discard