Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

How Do I Fill Out An 1199A

Cassie Padilla
  1. Do I need to send an 1199A every time I file a 1099A?
  2. How do I fill it out?

▪︎CAPITAL LETTERS = WHAT IS ON THE FORM

▪︎Caps & lowercase = my inquiry on the specified section

SECTION 1

A. PAYEE - This is the trustee (me) I assume. If I'm being a Trustee for my son, should I use my Beneficiary signature here? I would think not because this should match the name that's on my bank account. 

B. NAME OF PERSON ENTITLED TO PAYMENT - Is this the Beneficiary (my son) or is this the Trustee (me) again? If it's the trustee, should I use my Beneficiary signature

C. CLAIM OR PAYROLL ID # (what do I put here?)

F. TYPE OF PAYMENT- I assume I check box "other". What do I write as the description for other?

● SECTION 2 (Was pre-filled with the following info. Is it correct?)

• GOVERNMENT AGENCY NAME (INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE-GRANT PROGRAM OFFICE)
  • GOVERNMENT AGENCY ADDRESS (401 PEACHTREE ST NW, STOP 420-D ATLANTA GA 30308)

● SECTION 3 

• DEPOSITOR ACCOUNT TITLE? (Does this need to be filled in by my bank or can I put the info in there without signing it?)
1 Comment
Discard
Glynis Sheppard
-

I understand that if you complete the forms and send a copy to Chris via email, he will review them, and provide feedback. I was also, told that he is working on something for us right now, so it ma take a little longer for a reply.
I hope that you will be able to share your clarity on this matter. Good Luck!