Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Is it possible to get our trust on/off ledger info via FOIA, prior to turning 65?

L. K.

Is it possible to get our trust on/off ledger info via FOIA, prior to turning 65?  Thank you.

3 Comments
Discard
Carl Ballard
-

I remember Christopher Hauser saying you could in one of his videos

Richard Scott
-

Went in via Treasury Direct once. Use SS number for EE and Inbond. A number came up. Looks as though site has been updated as of to-day.
Treasury direct.gov, Sec.gov/edgar
May be there just disguised.

WarriorBride
-

Ok if you took early SS at 63 can you get the Trust on/off ledger info and close out acct? Can you still do it at 65? Is the 65 number true for everyone or just people born certain years? Do others have to wait till 67?

5 Answers
Administrator
Best Answer

I doubt they would release such information as it would be admitting publicly what has been hidden from us and opening the gate for everyone to use it as a precedent.

However I would give it a try and see how they respond. We never know. If formulated well with relevant laws backing the request, perhaps something good can come out of it.

Discard
Best Answer

Responding to a FOIA request is not the same as releasing information to the public. I agree that it is worth a try. What is the worst they will do? Say no? I think some finessing with the well formulated laws is a splendid idea too.

2 Comments
Discard
L. K.
-

I will be sure to share what I do (letter with legal statutes, etc. presented during an appointment at my local office - if they are open to the public) as well as the outcome. Thank you for taking time to reply.

Terry Harrold
-

I just turned 65 last month, so I am keen to see what happens here. Thank you for the post

StarSoul7
Best Answer

I just put in a request for FOIA. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

4 Comments
Discard
L. K.
-

Hi StarSoul7! Thank you for sharing - I'm looking forward to hearing about the outcome(s). Have a lovely day!

kathy-ann:vimont
-

Thank you, StarSoul7! I just turned 65 and have been wondering about this issue. Will follow this post to hear what happens with your FOIA.

Renee
-

Eager to hear your results.

Vanessa-Ann: Galvanek
-

Well, it is now Jan 2023 and looks like you have not yet reported back on you success/failure results. It is very frustrating when a lot of questions / scenarios are posted on here and the people posting say they will report back on how it went and then everyone disappears. Difficult for us to learn anything new. I am turning 65 in July and want to know how to do this properly so will probably just have to email CH on this subject. Please make another post if any of you all have any results to share. Thank you an very grateful for any assistance.

Best Answer

I'm in San Diego California and I'm going to try to I'm going to the Social Security office today I'll let you guys know later on what they say I'll post it

2 Comments
Discard

Following

Roger
-

So what happened? Hope you're OK...

Cynthia
Best Answer

Thx . Following 👋🏽

Discard