Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

What to do upon receipt of a 1099a?

Say I’m buying my parent’s house, what do they do with the 1099a? 

2 Comments
Discard
Surge Maynard
-

FYI while I haven’t watched all the videos through this site, only one that I have watched  on the 1099a has registered as watched ie no check mark appears after completion. Must be a glitch. Perhaps it’s just on my end but thought I’d inform you.

Very grateful for you guys and I appreciate your patience.

Administrator
-

When you watch a video you can set that content page to done (see "set done" button when you exit fullscreen)

2 Answers
Best Answer

Your parents will then act as trustee and have to file the additional forms needed in order to get the funds from the Treasury. 

Have you taken the time to go through the course? One of the videos answers your question. 

2 Comments
Discard
Surge Maynard
-

Yes though the site doesn’t reflect it. I’ve been subscribed to Chris’s channel for some time. Picked up on the site via his last video. This is definitely a step up in how it’s been presented.
So, I give her the 1099a and she sends it in along with a 1040v? I’d that correct?
I wish we could get more of a visual step by step but I’m confident it’s coming together right here.
Thank you so much this.

Administrator
-

We will eventually publish a course on how to be a trustee... but in the mean time you have Chris' videos in the 1099-A process course explaining the process and one the videos discusses the forms that the trustee would have to file. Please take the time to learn through the course without skipping any content.

Surge Maynard
Best Answer

1099a rejected by insurance company. Hopefully other people who’ve had success will share how they did so. Told them what they needed to file. To bad I couldn’t explain how to fill any of it out. Seems to be the guarded secret here.

1 Comment
Discard
Administrator
-

How to be a trustee will be covered in a course here... it just takes time to put these course together to make them easy to learn... if you want things faster you should continue supporting this project by donating. (Donation button on the home page)