Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

When filing the 1099a online, which hard copy do you send to treasury?

Mic Will

When you file 1099A & 1099 OID online, Should I still send the printed off copies along with the carbon copy forms? Or is the submitted  online version enough? 

example: when you file online, you can print off a copy, is that enough for sending to the Treasury, or should I fill out the carbon form and submit that as well, along with the printed form of the 1099a that was filed online? 

6 Comments
Discard
Administrator
-

Who is doing the filing? Beneficiary or Trustee?

Mic Will
-

I the beneficiary filed my 1099a online, gave the copies along with the other forms to my trustee, whom then file the 1099oid online, printed off the copies to mail in with the 1096 & 1040v. 

Administrator
-

The beneficiary should file nothing... otherwise you could be acting as as pseudo trustee.
The details of this questions will be covered in the Trustee course.

Lawrence-Edward
-

you can pay bills at 1099online and thats fine. you dont need to worry about copys. you cant buy but you can pay things that need paid. debts. not purchasing.

Administrator
-

@Lawrence, I know people are doing that but that is not the correct way to do things... wait a few months when audits starts coming their way.... people need to learn how to do things properly and not always cut corners without understanding the impact long term... Chris also discussed this in our last zoom

Victorio Munoz
-

How are bills paid in this manner, and how is the paperwork sent to the treasury, regular postage, or certified mail? Thanks in advance.