Help - The 1099-A Process

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Why not bypass the dealership?

I am not sure if this is something that can be done but if we have the dealerships information couldn't we technically fill out all forms needed and send them ourselves? Or do we have to tell them that they are trustee? 

Discard
2 Answers
Holly Burns
Best Answer

Well that's trust fraud, but if you want to try it...... and they have to know what's going on because they are the ones that would be receiving the funds into their account, or mailed to them, etc.  And the address on the envelope must be from their address, and the signatures needed must be theirs, not yours.  Plus there's the trust fraud thing.... ;)  

Discard
Administrator
Best Answer

The beneficiary file nothing. 

1 Comment
Discard
ANNA LEE
-

I understand what yall are saying, but is it STILL trust fraud if you DO communicate with the dealership of your intentions? What I was thinking of doing is speaking with the dealership telling them that I was the beneficiary of a trust. The firm (treasury) that is handles the funding requests a letter of intent to sell from the dealership before they will release funds to the seller so they have proof of where the money is going. I realize that you can't commit to a vehicle now but if I tell you what I am looking for and then you give me a ball park of how much that will be. I will fill out all the necessary paperwork then bring it back for any signatures and info that they need to add them I then will give them the option of mailing the paperwork or I can of they so desire. Then on 45 days when the money comes in, I'll then return to the dealership and buy what comes close to what I wanted then I'll file an amended 1099a with all the Vin make and model. I am merely being the "secretary" since they are too scared to do anything! If I'm only assisting with the filling out of the paperwork which essentially we would be coaching them how to do it anyway, I'm just more or less taking the initiative to ensure me getting my need met. I wasn't going to mention anything about where the money was coming from. Plus if I could get whatever info of theirs that I needed put in the letter, they won't have to know anything until they get paid! I'm tired of messing with these clowns! I had one dealership letting ME use THEIR computer in the salesmans cubical to file the thing online then the freaking IT guy came down and said that for all he knew I was uploading a virus to their system and wouldn't do any business with them!