Success Stories

Share your success stories.

Barclays/Hawaiian Airlines credit card paid in full + a remaining credit balance

Brian R

On 11-10-2022 I submitted via certified mail my first attempt with the Legalibus/C.A. Hauser coupon payment method  on my Barclays/Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard.  I had a month old billing statement & coupon which didn't have the updated true payoff amount listed on it.  So in the "Amount Enclosed" area I  used this inaccurate statement total but then added onto it an additional $2000 which should be more than enough to cover my true payoff balance.  About a week later I received in the mail the green read receipt from sending the initial coupon as registered mail per the course instructions.  

On 11-21-22 I called into Barclays credit card division to inquire on the status of my payment.  The customer service gentleman (Mike) said he didn't see any current payment being shown in their system.  He asked if I wanted to make an electronic payment so my account isn't tagged with a "late payment" but I told him no because I have proof that my payment was received with the green read receipt I had.  I asked him if the call was being recorded and he confirmed it was.  He then asked how I made the payment and my response was that my payment was being made from a trust account and to pay in full the remaining balance.  He asked if I could get him the check number I used which would help him track down if the payment was possibly in the midst of being processed.  I told him that I was just the beneficiary on the trust account and do not have access to account numbers unfortunately.  He did give me the address for future reference on where to mail in payments because the address I used from the coupon wasn't actually the location that deals with my account.  After a few rounds of him trying to get me to make an electronic payment I finally asked him to make notes of our call, and I would give it another week or so then call back for status.

On 11-26-22 I called back into their customer service and spoke with customer care rep/Anna.  She was very nice and after essentially going through the same talking points as my first call she then told me that the payment process could take up to 1 to 2 payment cycles.  So I thanked her and said I would give it some time.

On 11-30-22 I again called in to Barclays customer service and again verifying the call was being recorded which it was.  After getting the rep/Bev up to date on my previous calls I asked if she could get me to her boss.  She said said that her next step is transfer me to their "care department".   After being transferred I was now speaking to Kai.  After a few minutes of filling her in on my payment she would get a "payment inquiry" case started for me which she did, and also gave me the case# for future reference.  I thanked her and was told to give it some time to be investigated.

On 12-8-22 I decided to call back to check on my payment status case, and to also make sure I wasn't being reported to the credit bureaus as a "late pay" and thus hurting my credit score.  After briefly talking to the customer service rep I asked to be transferred to their card services division so I could follow up on my case.  He transferred me to them and I was now speaking with Carlisle.  He spent a few minute reading through all the notes and my open case file.  He then said that my case was still being looked at and could take 1-2 billing cycles to get resolved.  He also confirmed that my account was not being reported as a late pay at that time.  I thanked him for updating me on this status and I would wait until after the holidays to check back if I don't hear anything from them beforehand.

On 12-15-22 I was curious so I opened up my Barclays mobile app, and after logging in I noticed that my balance now shows a (-) $ amount which is a credit.  In addition when I looked further into my recent payments it shows the coupon total I used as payment and the (-) dollar amount after my account was paid in full is now my outstanding credit balanced to be used.  

To be honest I did not expect this process to happen this quickly.  Wow!!!

I tried to explain my process a clear as possible and hope this helps others in their understanding and learnings.  Thank you God, and both Chris & Jay for getting all this information to this group which makes this all possible.  Now on to the next credit card and student loan depts.

7 Comments
Discard
DarioLivingMan
-

Congrats on getting your credit card paid!

Brian R
-
Dario thanks.  Sure does feel good that all what we’re learning from Legalibus can become reality by following the proper steps.

Houston Groves
-

I really appreciate you taking the time to posting this. We need more in our community to speak up and be willing to share so we can all grow together. I overstand the frustration from newly informed individuals who doubt it but i appreciate those who continue to post thank you again.

Vanessa-Ann: Galvanek
-

Excellent description of your process!! I commend you for taking such great notes on what you went through. I am just like you when trying this process out. I keep thorough notes, names and dates for each call. It's the only way to learn what works and to keep track.

Congrats! Educating the the masses as we go. We've been conditioned to think a certain way for many years. Now, we educate as we liberate!

Camlyn
-

Congrats!

Congrats, Brian! And your thorough reply is much appreciated as it helps us all to understand the process better. Take care.

2 Answers
terrance l brown
Best Answer

Congrats on clearing the balance. I have a American Airlines/Barclays card that I'm trying to clear. Do you think that Hawaiian Airlines and American Airlines operate under the same umbrella? If so can you provide the alternate address that they gave you please?

Discard
Marilyn Falu
Best Answer

Congratulations on your success. I wish you many more to come. Thank you so much for sharing your testimony. 

Discard