Success Stories

Share your success stories.

PAID THE REST OF MY ATTORNEY FEES IN FULL WITH 1099A

Wendy Ann Sonier

After paying my retaining fee I still had to pay the rest over time which was around 6000,,  I asked my attorney if he would take a 1099a to pay the remaining amount in full.  He said yes he would and has been paid through 1099a before.  I paid the 6000 with my 1099a and that's one less thing I have to worry about.  Thank you Chris.  This was in Austin Texas

2 Comments
Discard
Marilyn Falu
-

Wow this is amazing news. How did you do the 1099A? Did you use a type writer or did you all hand write everything in? Congratulations. Last question, did the attorney mention how long it took for him to receive payment when he accepted the 1099A previously?

Tim Rugenstein
-

Sorry if this is common knowledge, newbie here. Did you also have to send the other forms (1099 OID, etc.) that Chris mentions in the videos to have your attorney do this? I mentioned this to an attorney to whom I owe 12000 (for a piss-poor failure of a job), he said he would check with his accountant if he could. Came back a couple days later and "supposedly" the acct. told him it was just for acquisition/abandonment, which I know is bs. Do ALL attorneys learn about this or is it possible he really just doesn't know? Anywhere I could refer him to for "confirmation?"

1 Answer
Wendy Ann Sonier
Best Answer

i wrote by hand on my 1099 and my lawyer had did the direct deposit and it went through 3 weeks after he filed.  He said that most lawyers know of the 1099a process but wont offer it, but if you bring it up and say that you would like to pay that way that most of them will take it.

Discard