Help - Free Mailing

Welcome!

You have gone through the courses and you need further help, let's discuss it here.

Mail clarification

First thing states: change what's in [square brakets] to fit your needs/info.

In the example: [Judicial district] is after General Post-office in both sender and receiver. What's supposed to go in these brackets?

Are we supposed to list the name as shown: John Doe. Or are we supposed to use the beneficiary name John : Doe? I assume the copyright and living man/woman is supposed to remain as-is?

"RFD is equivalent to ZIP?"

Does it HAVE to go to a post office? I'm in a rural, mountainous area, about 45 minutes from the post office; I can add going to the PO during other scheduled trips, if it's required. Or is this more to make sure it gets sent, as carriers, especially temp rural ones, may reject it as is?

Discard
2 Answers
Administrator
Best Answer

That is: change things like John  Doe, the sample address.... 

You can certainly hand it to the mailman as well... sometimes they'll take it, sometimes they may give you a hard time... the suggestion is to avoid confrontation with them and ensure it gets sent... However nothing wrong with trying to mail it the way you mail your other prepaid letters if you don't encounter any issues.

Discard
Sheila DiTirro
Best Answer

https://www.justice.gov/ust/locate-your-judicial-district/Alaska-Wyoming#VA 

I just figured thisone out the [Judicial district] is a 3 letter code under the US DOJ that incoperates the state and the county. So if you know the zip code or address; you can get the county info from USPS and look up the  [Judicial district] code and the USPS give you the last 4 for the zip code when you look one up. I know when you put it in brackets it supposed to mean you're outside the Domestic. I don't understand why we put our names in brackets along with the Zip Code and the  Judicial code. Plus I haven't done a copy write on my name.

https://www.unitedstateszipcodes.org/76120/

Discard